MSU Drop Frames Metric (DFM)
- Project, Ideas: Dr. Dmitriy Vatolin
- Implementation: Alexey Noskov
- Updating and additions: Sergey Grishin
DFM is made to calculate number of drop-frames in sequence.
[!] — Known bug
[+] — New Feature
[*] — Other
[*] Visualization bug fixed for non-stadard resolution video
[+] First plugin release
Metric’s visualization difference of Y-planes between two consecutive frames + 128. So, grey color (128, 128, 128) means that brigtness of a pixel is the same as at the previous frame.
Metric’s plot is making after all measurements. “Zero” value means that current frame exist, “one” - that it is dropped. The resulting metric’s value is number of drop-frames.
For each frame difference with the previous one is calculating. Metric’s value is 1 if frames are identical, 0 otherwise.
- Metric’s sources for VS 2013
- MSU Video Quality Measurement Tool
- License text for sources and binary files (LGPL)
- Codecs Comparison & Optimization
- Video Filters
Semiautomatic Visual-Attention Modeling